SGG SATINOVO is a unique translucent glass which is valued for its attractive appearance and smooth, satin-like appearance.
It is produced by acid-etching the surface of SGG PLANILUX glass to produce the uniform matt finish.
SGG SATINOVO therefore offers a solution for multiple applications and markets where a feature design element is desired or simple vision control.
SGG SATINOVO can be used in numerous interior design applications in both residential and commercial settings:
- Shower screens and enclosures
- Partitions and interior screens
- Furniture, e.g. cupboard doors, shelves, tables
- Wall cladding
- Balustrades and guarding
- Shopfitting – displays and counter tops.
It can also be used in external glazing, in windows and doors for example. We recommend that the etched surface of the glass faces either the inside of the sealed unit or
the inside of the building if single glazed.
SGG SATINOVO can be cut and edgeworked like SGG PLANILUX clear float glass. When cutting the glass, it is advisable to lay the pane non-treated face down.
Standards & Regulations
SGG SATINOVO conforms to all the relevant standards in the various forms supplied by Glassolutions Solaglas.
Benefits – end user / client
- SGG SATINOVO can be used to create stunning aesthetic effects, diffusing light and emitting a certain purity of colour and light.
- In both interior screens and external glazing, SGG SATINOVO provides privacy by obscuring unwanted attention and distractions, without compromising light levels. It has similar light transmittance levels as the equivalent thickness of ordinary float glass.
- Thanks to its satin-smooth surface, SGG SATINOVO does not mark with dirt and finger prints for example, as readily as traditional etched and sandblasted glasses.
- A low maintenance product, any surface marks that may eventually form are easily removed, facilitating installation and longevity of appearance. These properties are inherent to the glass – no additional surface treatments are required.
Benefits – glass processors
- Can be cut and processed in exactly the same way as ordinary float glass.
SGG SATINOVO from Glassolutions Solaglas Monolithic glass Standard Dimensions (in mm): DLF 3210 x 2250 / 2400 / 2550 Thicknesses: 4 – 6 – 8 – 10 – 12 – 15 – 19mm Toughened glass SGG SECURIT SATINOVO Laminated glass SGG SATINOVO itself cannot be laminated. However, Glassolutios Solaglas produces SGG STADIP laminated glass with a Diffusa (2165) interlayer which looks very similar to SGG SATINOVO. Fire-resistant glass SGG PYROSWISS SATINOVO Double / triple glazing SGG SATINOVO can be combined with products such as SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ in double or triple glazed sealed units to achieve an obscured effect while delivering thermal insulating properties.
For additional thicknesses or references please contact us.
Product Thickness (mm) LT % Weight (kg/m2) SGG PLANILUX 4 90 10 SGG SATINOVO 4 89 10 SGG PLANILUX 6 89 15 SGG SATINOVO 6 88 15 SGG PLANILUX 10 88 25 SGG SATINOVO 10 87 25 SGG PLANILUX 12 87 30 SGG SATINOVO 12 86 30 SGG PLANILUX 15 86 37.5 SGG SATINOVO 15 84 37.5 SGG PLANILUX 19 83 47.5 SGG SATINOVO 19 83 47.5
For an explanation of the technical terms visit the Knowledge Centre and view the glossary.