TEX GLASS a laminated glass product with beautiful fabrics encapsulated inside. The range has been carefully chosen, selecting exclusive fabrics from the Nya Nordiska collection, which includes award winning fabric designs.
All these products have been rigorously tested by the central research and development centre of the Saint-Gobain Group, and the production processes carefully defined and audited. Glassolutions Solaglas understands the clear requirement to be rigorous with the development and testing of such types of products.
TEX GLASS is used to create a dramatic feature in interior applications such as partitions, screens, doors, and furniture. When combined with either a back-painted glass or mirrored glass, the overall effect is stunning and is an inspired solution for wall cladding, or other cladding applications.
Handling and Installation
Since the fabrics and mesh are encapsulated inside the laminated glass, the glass can be handled and installed in the same way as standard laminated glass.
The range is tested for use in interior applications.
For humid environments, such as bathrooms, please discuss your requirements with us. Some products in the range are suitable for humid environments, but depending on the product and/or glazing method, different manufacturing requirements may need to be noted on the specification / order (e.g. EVA laminate with a ‘picture frame’ zone containing no fabric around the edge). Also, a neutral cure silicone with less than 3% plasticizers (extenders) would need to be applied to the edge of the glass by the installer in order to avoid de-lamination e.g. GE Multisil.
There are many benefits of using TEX GLASS:
- A wide range of fabrics, offering beauty and sophistication.
- Using SGG DIAMANT® extra-clear glass as the base substrate allows the refinement of the fabrics to be preserved.
- Different fabrics, when used in partition or screen applications, allow different levels of light transmission and vision control.
- Stunning combinations can be created for cladding applications, using fabrics with back-painted or mirrored glass.
- The fabrics are encapsulated between panes of glass, ensuring they are protected and allowing easy cleaning of the surfaces.
- The encapsulated fabrics are protected from UV thanks to the interlayers used during lamination.
To allow the colours of the fabrics to shine through we recommend the use of SGG DIAMANT extra-clear low iron glass. For some applications, TEX GLASS can also be combined with back-painted glass or mirrored glass to create stunning effects.
The laminated glass can be of the following standard configurations: 9.5mm, 11.5mm and 13.5mm. For thicker laminates, please contact us to review your requirements.
Standard minimum sizes are 300mm x 300mm. Maximum sizes vary according to a variety of factors, including fabric type and whether the direction of the fabric is of concern. Please review your requirements with us.
Processing and edge-work
Depending on the substrate, the glass can also be heat-strengthened, or toughened. The edges of the glass are finished after lamination, except in the case of toughened laminated configurations.
Due to the nature of the encapsulated products, it is important to note the following points:
- Depending on the fabric, variations may occur within the pattern itself.
- Partly as a result of this, alignment of the pattern with the edge of the glass may vary slightly.
- Fabrics may have small imperfections within them.
- Due to the texture of the fabrics, small bubbles may be visible within the interlayers.
These points are not cause for rejection of the TEX GLASS product.